ACER Chromebook Tab 10 Hard Reset is a device reset to factory settings. This operation deletes all data, settings, passwords and applications in the memory device. Hard Reset operation is most commonly used to repair a damaged or malfunctioning equipment or deletion of user data before the sale. Hard Reset operation will wipe all data, bypass screen lock and restore device software to factory state.
How to hard reset ACER Chromebook Tab 10?
- At the very beginning turn on the tablet by pressing the Power key for a few seconds.
- Now Login screen will show up.
- Then you need to open On-Screen keyboard or use physical keyboard.
- Press and push Ctrl + Alt + Schift + R for a short while.
- Hidden menu will pop up. Here you need to tap on Powerwash.
- After that read the information and select Continue.
- Wait for a few seconds and your device will be ready to use.
- Well done! Follow the on-screen instruction to configure your chromebook.
Finish! Your device will have the software and set of applications as the moment they leave the factory.
*Take a backup: Before you can use Hard Reset always remember to make copies of your data, because the operation is irreversible and recover previous data and settings will not be possible.
*Caution: Using the Hard Reset is safe and should not cause any damage. However, you need to make sure the device has over 30% battery so the process does not stop halfway.