ASUS Google Nexus 7 Hard Reset is a device reset to factory settings. This operation deletes all data, settings, passwords and applications in the memory device. Hard Reset operation is most commonly used to repair a damaged or malfunctioning equipment or deletion of user data before the sale. Hard Reset operation will wipe all data, bypass screen lock and restore device software to factory state.
How to hard reset ASUS Google Nexus 7?
- In the first step turn off the device by pressing the Power button for a couple of seconds.
- After that hold down Volume Down and Power keys together for a few moments.
- Release all keys when Fastboot Mode pops up.
- Now select “Recovery Mode” by using Volume keys and confirm with the Power button.
- When the Android Robot image appears hold down the Power key and click Volume Up once.
- Then use Volume buttons to choose “wipe data/factory reset” and click the Power key.
- In this mode menu select “Yes” from the menu and press the Power button once.
- Finally choose “reboot system now” by using the Power key.
- Well done!
Finish! Your device will have the software and set of applications as the moment they leave the factory.
*Take a backup: Before you can use Hard Reset always remember to make copies of your data, because the operation is irreversible and recover previous data and settings will not be possible.
*Caution: Using the Hard Reset is safe and should not cause any damage. However, you need to make sure the device has over 30% battery so the process does not stop halfway.