ASUS Zenfone 7 Hard Reset is a device reset to factory settings. This operation deletes all data, settings, passwords and applications in the memory device. Hard Reset operation is most commonly used to repair a damaged or malfunctioning equipment or deletion of user data before the sale. Hard Reset operation will wipe all data, bypass screen lock and restore device software to factory state.
How to hard reset ASUS Zenfone 7?
- Firstly, turn off the smartphone by holding the Power key for a few seconds.
- After that start pressing Volume Down + Power buttons for a couple of seconds.
- Release the Power key when the Android logo shows up.
- Let go of Volume Down if Recovery Mode pops up.
- Now use Volume buttons to choose wipe data/factory reset and confirm with the Power key.
- Then factory data reset from the menu and confirm with the Power button.
- At the end choose “reboot system now” by using the Power key.
- Good job! Your device will be password-free.
Finish! Your device will have the software and set of applications as the moment they leave the factory.
*Take a backup: Before you can use Hard Reset always remember to make copies of your data, because the operation is irreversible and recover previous data and settings will not be possible.
*Caution: Using the Hard Reset is safe and should not cause any damage. However, you need to make sure the device has over 30% battery so the process does not stop halfway.