CoolPAD Mega 5M Hard Reset is a device reset to factory settings. This operation deletes all data, settings, passwords and applications in the memory device. Hard Reset operation is most commonly used to repair a damaged or malfunctioning equipment or deletion of user data before the sale. Hard Reset operation will wipe all data, bypass screen lock and restore device software to factory state.
How to hard reset CoolPAD Mega 5M?
- In the first instance, you have to hold down the Power Button for a short while in order to turn off your device.
- After that, press together for a few moments these two keys: Volume Up + Power Button.
- As soon as the CoolPad logo appears on the screen, release both held buttons.
- Now, by using the Volume buttons scroll down to Wipe Data/Factory Reset option and then press the Power Rocker to continue.
- In this step, you have to select the YES–delete all user data and confirm that by pressing Power Button.
- Wait for a short while until your device completes the Hard Reset operation.
- Finally, when the Recovery Mode pops up, the Reboot System Now should be chosen, press Power Button to accept it.
Finish! Your device will have the software and set of applications as the moment they leave the factory.
*Take a backup: Before you can use Hard Reset always remember to make copies of your data, because the operation is irreversible and recover previous data and settings will not be possible.
*Caution: Using the Hard Reset is safe and should not cause any damage. However, you need to make sure the device has over 30% battery so the process does not stop halfway.