FAIRPHONE FP1U Hard Reset is a device reset to factory settings. This operation deletes all data, settings, passwords and applications in the memory device. Hard Reset operation is most commonly used to repair a damaged or malfunctioning equipment or deletion of user data before the sale. Hard Reset operation will wipe all data, bypass screen lock and restore device software to factory state.
How to hard reset FAIRPHONE FP1U?
- To perform the Hard Reset operation, press and hold the Power button for a while and then select the Power off option.
- Next, press and hold the Volume Up key together with the Power button until you can see the Android image.
- To skip it, tap on the Power button to open the Recovery Mode.
- Afterward, use the Volume Down key to scroll through the options and the Volume Up button to select the Wipe data/factory reset one.
- To confirm your choice when you’re ready to begin, tap on the Yes — delete all user data option.
- At last, when the Hard Reset is done, go to the Reboot system now option.
- Awesome! Now you know the proper way to perform Hard Reset on your FAIRPHONE FP1U.
Finish! Your device will have the software and set of applications as the moment they leave the factory.
*Take a backup: Before you can use Hard Reset always remember to make copies of your data, because the operation is irreversible and recover previous data and settings will not be possible.
*Caution: Using the Hard Reset is safe and should not cause any damage. However, you need to make sure the device has over 30% battery so the process does not stop halfway.