Hard Reset is a device reset to factory settings. This operation deletes all data, settings, passwords and applications in the memory device. Hard Reset operation is most commonly used to repair a damaged or malfunctioning equipment or deletion of user data before the sale. Hard Reset operation will wipe all data, bypass screen lock and restore device software to factory state.
How to hard reset ?
- Start the process by holding the Power key and then selecting Power off.
- Once your phone shuts off, hold the Power key and Volume up simultaneously till you see the logo appear on the screen.
- In a moment, you will see the Recovery mode. from this menu select Wipe data/Factory reset using the Volume keys and confirm the selection using the Power key.
- Confirm the process by selecting Yes.
- Wait for the process to finish removing all personal data and once it’s finished you will be greeted by the Android setup screen.
- Splendid work.
Finish! Your device will have the software and set of applications as the moment they leave the factory.
*Take a backup: Before you can use Hard Reset always remember to make copies of your data, because the operation is irreversible and recover previous data and settings will not be possible.
*Caution: Using the Hard Reset is safe and should not cause any damage. However, you need to make sure the device has over 30% battery so the process does not stop halfway.