GARMIN Instinct Hard Reset is a device reset to factory settings. This operation deletes all data, settings, passwords and applications in the memory device. Hard Reset operation is most commonly used to repair a damaged or malfunctioning equipment or deletion of user data before the sale. Hard Reset operation will wipe all data, bypass screen lock and restore device software to factory state.
How to hard reset GARMIN Instinct?
- Let’s begin by pressing and holding the Up/Menu button to open the menu.
- Now use the Up/Home button and Down button to scroll up and down through the menu.
- Select the System, then press the Right Upper button to enter.
- Next, scroll down and find Reset, then press the Right Upper button to enter.
- After that, scroll all the way down and select Delete Data and Reset Settings. Then press the Right upper button to confirm.
- Next, press the Down button to continue.
- Next, scroll down to Yes and press the Right Upper button to confirm and start the resetting process.
- Wait until the process is complete
- The hard reset is complete. Rember that performing this operation will remove all your settings and data from the watch.
- Spectacular work!
Finish! Your device will have the software and set of applications as the moment they leave the factory.
*Take a backup: Before you can use Hard Reset always remember to make copies of your data, because the operation is irreversible and recover previous data and settings will not be possible.
*Caution: Using the Hard Reset is safe and should not cause any damage. However, you need to make sure the device has over 30% battery so the process does not stop halfway.