HTC U11+ Hard Reset is a device reset to factory settings. This operation deletes all data, settings, passwords and applications in the memory device. Hard Reset operation is most commonly used to repair a damaged or malfunctioning equipment or deletion of user data before the sale. Hard Reset operation will wipe all data, bypass screen lock and restore device software to factory state.
How to hard reset HTC U11+?
- Start by powering off the phone using the Power key and selecting power off.
- Once the phone shuts off, hold Power key + Volume Down till you see Download mode show up on the screen.
- From here, select “Reboot to bootloader” using Volume keys to navigate and confirm it with Power key.
- Once you’re in Bootloader mode select “Reboot to Recovery” same way as before and once you confirm it wait for the image of phone with “!” to appear on the screen.
- So once you see this image on the screen, hold Power key and tap Volume Up once.
- Now select “Wipe data/factory reset” using Volume keys and confirm it with Power key.
- Wait for the phone to remove all personal data and once its finished you will be greeted by android setup screen.
- Well done, you have successfully achieved Hard reset.
Finish! Your device will have the software and set of applications as the moment they leave the factory.
*Take a backup: Before you can use Hard Reset always remember to make copies of your data, because the operation is irreversible and recover previous data and settings will not be possible.
*Caution: Using the Hard Reset is safe and should not cause any damage. However, you need to make sure the device has over 30% battery so the process does not stop halfway.