INSIGNIA 8″ Gunmetal Hard Reset is a device reset to factory settings. This operation deletes all data, settings, passwords and applications in the memory device. Hard Reset operation is most commonly used to repair a damaged or malfunctioning equipment or deletion of user data before the sale. Hard Reset operation will wipe all data, bypass screen lock and restore device software to factory state.
How to hard reset INSIGNIA 8″ Gunmetal?
- If you wish to perform Hard Reset operation, you should turn your INSIGNIA 8″ Gunmetal off first, so hold down Power Key for a few seconds to do that.
- After your phone turns off completely, you should hold down Power Key + Volume Up for about 5 seconds to proceed with operation.
- When you see Android robot appeared on screen, you should hold down Power Key and press Volume Up once to proceed.
- In the following menu, you should select option “wipe data/factory reset“, using Volume Keys to navigate and Power Key to select.
- And then confirm this operation by selecting option “Yes — delete all user data”.
- Wait for a few seconds, for data wipe to complete, and then select option “reboot system now” to restart your INSIGNIA 8″ Gunmetal and that’s it.
- Your INSIGNIA 8″ Gunmetal will be restarted in a couple of minutes after that and that’s it.
Finish! Your device will have the software and set of applications as the moment they leave the factory.
*Take a backup: Before you can use Hard Reset always remember to make copies of your data, because the operation is irreversible and recover previous data and settings will not be possible.
*Caution: Using the Hard Reset is safe and should not cause any damage. However, you need to make sure the device has over 30% battery so the process does not stop halfway.