LENOVO Smart Tab M8 Wi-Fi Hard Reset is a device reset to factory settings. This operation deletes all data, settings, passwords and applications in the memory device. Hard Reset operation is most commonly used to repair a damaged or malfunctioning equipment or deletion of user data before the sale. Hard Reset operation will wipe all data, bypass screen lock and restore device software to factory state.
How to hard reset LENOVO Smart Tab M8 Wi-Fi?
- If you wish to Hard reset your tablet, start by holding the Power key and selecting Power off option once it’s visible.
- When your phone shuts off, hold the Power key and Volume Up together till you see the Lenovo logo appear on the screen.
- After a brief moment, you should see the Recovery mode. In this menu, use Volume keys to navigate in order to select Wipe data/factory reset and then confirm the selection with the Power key.
- Once more affirm the process by selecting Yes the same way as before.
- Your tablet will now start removing all personal data and when its finished your device will power back on.
- Nice work, you have just finished Hard reset.
Finish! Your device will have the software and set of applications as the moment they leave the factory.
*Take a backup: Before you can use Hard Reset always remember to make copies of your data, because the operation is irreversible and recover previous data and settings will not be possible.
*Caution: Using the Hard Reset is safe and should not cause any damage. However, you need to make sure the device has over 30% battery so the process does not stop halfway.