MICROSOFT Surface Duo Hard Reset is a device reset to factory settings. This operation deletes all data, settings, passwords and applications in the memory device. Hard Reset operation is most commonly used to repair a damaged or malfunctioning equipment or deletion of user data before the sale. Hard Reset operation will wipe all data, bypass screen lock and restore device software to factory state.
How to hard reset MICROSOFT Surface Duo?
- At first hold down the Power key for a few seconds and choose Restart.
- If the phone starts restarting push Volume Down + Power button for a couple of seconds.
- Let go of all keys when you see Fastboot Mode.
- Now use Volume buttons to select Recovery Mode and press the Power key.
- When the Android Robot image appears press Volume Up + Power button.
- In Recovery Mode use Volume keys to choose wipe data/factory reset and press the Power button.
- Then select yes from the menu and accept it with the Power key.
- At the end choose reboot system now by using the Power button.
- Great! The hard reset operation will be finished for a few seconds.
Finish! Your device will have the software and set of applications as the moment they leave the factory.
*Take a backup: Before you can use Hard Reset always remember to make copies of your data, because the operation is irreversible and recover previous data and settings will not be possible.
*Caution: Using the Hard Reset is safe and should not cause any damage. However, you need to make sure the device has over 30% battery so the process does not stop halfway.