MSI Primo 81 Hard Reset is a device reset to factory settings. This operation deletes all data, settings, passwords and applications in the memory device. Hard Reset operation is most commonly used to repair a damaged or malfunctioning equipment or deletion of user data before the sale. Hard Reset operation will wipe all data, bypass screen lock and restore device software to factory state.
How to hard reset MSI Primo 81?
- First of all, you have to turn your MSI Primo 81 off, so hold down Power Key for a couple of seconds in order to do that.
- Wait for your device to turn off completely, and after that proceed by holding down Power Key + Volume Up for about 5 seconds.
- In the appeared menu, you should select option “wipe data/factory reset“, using Volume Keys to navigate and Power Key to select.
- Next you have to select option “Yes — delete all user data” to confirm this operation.
- Data wipe completes in a couple of seconds after that, and you should select option “reboot system now” after that.
- Your MSI Primo 81 will be restarted in about a minute after this and that’s it.
Finish! Your device will have the software and set of applications as the moment they leave the factory.
*Take a backup: Before you can use Hard Reset always remember to make copies of your data, because the operation is irreversible and recover previous data and settings will not be possible.
*Caution: Using the Hard Reset is safe and should not cause any damage. However, you need to make sure the device has over 30% battery so the process does not stop halfway.