NEC TS508 LaVie Tab S Hard Reset is a device reset to factory settings. This operation deletes all data, settings, passwords and applications in the memory device. Hard Reset operation is most commonly used to repair a damaged or malfunctioning equipment or deletion of user data before the sale. Hard Reset operation will wipe all data, bypass screen lock and restore device software to factory state.
How to hard reset NEC TS508 LaVie Tab S?
- First of all, you should turn your NEC TS508 LaVie Tab S off, so hold down Power Key for a few seconds in order to do that.
- Wait for your device to turn off completely, and after that hold down combination Power Key + Volume Up for about 5 seconds.
- After you see Android robot displayed on screen, you should hold down Power Key and press Volume Up once to proceed.
- The menu will appear, and you should select option “wipe data/factory reset” from it, using Volume Keys to navigate to it and Power Key to select it.
- In the following step, you have to confirm this operation by selecting option “Yes — delete all user data”.
- Data will be completely wiped after a few seconds, and then you have to select option “reboot system now” in order to restart your device.
- Your NEC TS508 LaVie Tab S will be restarted in a few minutes after that, and that’s it.
Finish! Your device will have the software and set of applications as the moment they leave the factory.
*Take a backup: Before you can use Hard Reset always remember to make copies of your data, because the operation is irreversible and recover previous data and settings will not be possible.
*Caution: Using the Hard Reset is safe and should not cause any damage. However, you need to make sure the device has over 30% battery so the process does not stop halfway.