OVERMAX SteelCore 7 II Hard Reset is a device reset to factory settings. This operation deletes all data, settings, passwords and applications in the memory device. Hard Reset operation is most commonly used to repair a damaged or malfunctioning equipment or deletion of user data before the sale. Hard Reset operation will wipe all data, bypass screen lock and restore device software to factory state.
How to hard reset OVERMAX SteelCore 7 II?
- In order to perform Hard Reset operation, you have to turn your OVERMAX SteelCore 7 II off, so hold down Power Button for a few seconds to do that.
- After your device completely turns off, you have to hold down Power Key + Volume Up for about 5 seconds to enter Recovery Mode.
- When you’re in Recovery Mode, you should use Volume Keys to navigate to option “wipe data/factory reset“, and select it with Power Button.
- Next you should select option “Yes — delete all user data” in order to confirm this operation.
- Wait for a few seconds till data wipe completes, and after that you have to select option “reboot system now” in order to restart your device.
- Your OVERMAX SteelCore 7 II will be restarted in a couple of minutes after that, and that’s it.
Finish! Your device will have the software and set of applications as the moment they leave the factory.
*Take a backup: Before you can use Hard Reset always remember to make copies of your data, because the operation is irreversible and recover previous data and settings will not be possible.
*Caution: Using the Hard Reset is safe and should not cause any damage. However, you need to make sure the device has over 30% battery so the process does not stop halfway.