OVERMAX SteelCore 7 Hard Reset is a device reset to factory settings. This operation deletes all data, settings, passwords and applications in the memory device. Hard Reset operation is most commonly used to repair a damaged or malfunctioning equipment or deletion of user data before the sale. Hard Reset operation will wipe all data, bypass screen lock and restore device software to factory state.
How to hard reset OVERMAX SteelCore 7?
- If you wish to perform Hard Reset operation, your OVERMAX SteelCore 7 must be turned off, so hold down Power Button for a couple of seconds to make it so.
- Wait till your device completely turns off, and after that you should hold down combination Power Key + Volume Up for about 5 seconds to proceed.
- From the following menu, you have to select option “wipe data/factory reset“, using Volume Keys to navigate to it and Power Key to select it.
- Next you should select option “Yes — delete all user data” in order to confirm this operation.
- Wait for a couple of seconds till data wipe completes, and after that you have to select option “reboot system now” in order to restart your device.
- After a few minutes, your OVERMAX SteelCore 7 will be restarted, and that’s it.
Finish! Your device will have the software and set of applications as the moment they leave the factory.
*Take a backup: Before you can use Hard Reset always remember to make copies of your data, because the operation is irreversible and recover previous data and settings will not be possible.
*Caution: Using the Hard Reset is safe and should not cause any damage. However, you need to make sure the device has over 30% battery so the process does not stop halfway.