SAMSUNG Galaxy Watch Active Hard Reset is a device reset to factory settings. This operation deletes all data, settings, passwords and applications in the memory device. Hard Reset operation is most commonly used to repair a damaged or malfunctioning equipment or deletion of user data before the sale. Hard Reset operation will wipe all data, bypass screen lock and restore device software to factory state.
How to hard reset SAMSUNG Galaxy Watch Active?
- To do a Hard Reset, start by turning your SAMSUNG Galaxy Watch Active off. To do so, press and hold the Power/Home button at the bottom of the Watch face.
- Keep holding them until Rebooting appears at the bottom of the watch.
- Quickly, doing multiple presses, keep pressing the Power/Home button until the Select REBOOT MODE screen appears.
- Press the Power/Home button to scroll through options.
- Select Recovery.
- Press and hold the Power/Home key until the device starts rebooting.
- The watch will now start the process of deleting data. This can take several minutes. That’s it, you’re done!
Finish! Your device will have the software and set of applications as the moment they leave the factory.
*Take a backup: Before you can use Hard Reset always remember to make copies of your data, because the operation is irreversible and recover previous data and settings will not be possible.
*Caution: Using the Hard Reset is safe and should not cause any damage. However, you need to make sure the device has over 30% battery so the process does not stop halfway.