SONY Xperia 1 II Hard Reset is a device reset to factory settings. This operation deletes all data, settings, passwords and applications in the memory device. Hard Reset operation is most commonly used to repair a damaged or malfunctioning equipment or deletion of user data before the sale. Hard Reset operation will wipe all data, bypass screen lock and restore device software to factory state.
How to hard reset SONY Xperia 1 II?
- At the very beginning you need to download the Xperia Companion application on your PC or laptop. With this app you can perform hard reset operation.
- This software you can download from www.support.sonymobile.com/global-en/tools/xperia-companion/.
- Now you need to install this application on your PC o laptop.
- In the next step switch off the smartphone by holding the Power key for a few seconds.
- After that connect the Type C USB cable with your PC or laptop.
- Open the Xperia Companion and choose Main Menu and Software repair.
- Follow the on-screen instruction by selecting appropraite option.
- If the menu shows up you need to enter to Fastboot Mode.
- Push Volume Down and while holding this key plug this USB C cable into SONY Xperia 1 II.
- Read the information and confirm by tapping on the Next button.
- Wait for a few moments until the operation is finished and disconnect your phone.
- Well done! Your device will be without any password needed to unlock the smartphone.
Finish! Your device will have the software and set of applications as the moment they leave the factory.
*Take a backup: Before you can use Hard Reset always remember to make copies of your data, because the operation is irreversible and recover previous data and settings will not be possible.
*Caution: Using the Hard Reset is safe and should not cause any damage. However, you need to make sure the device has over 30% battery so the process does not stop halfway.