SONY Xperia L4 Hard Reset is a device reset to factory settings. This operation deletes all data, settings, passwords and applications in the memory device. Hard Reset operation is most commonly used to repair a damaged or malfunctioning equipment or deletion of user data before the sale. Hard Reset operation will wipe all data, bypass screen lock and restore device software to factory state.
How to hard reset SONY Xperia L4?
- When the device is turned on hold down the Power key + Volume Down for about 10 seconds.
- If the Sony logo pops up release these keys and wait for a couple of seconds.
- Now you will be in Recovery Mode.
- In this mode choose wipe data/factory reset. Use Volume keys to navigate and the Power button to accept it.
- Then select “yes” by using Volume buttons to scroll down and the Power key to confirm that.
- Finally choose “reboot system now” with the Power button.
- Well done! All your data was deleted during the whole process so your mobile is password-free.
Finish! Your device will have the software and set of applications as the moment they leave the factory.
*Take a backup: Before you can use Hard Reset always remember to make copies of your data, because the operation is irreversible and recover previous data and settings will not be possible.
*Caution: Using the Hard Reset is safe and should not cause any damage. However, you need to make sure the device has over 30% battery so the process does not stop halfway.