SONY Xperia XZ Premium Dual Hard Reset is a device reset to factory settings. This operation deletes all data, settings, passwords and applications in the memory device. Hard Reset operation is most commonly used to repair a damaged or malfunctioning equipment or deletion of user data before the sale. Hard Reset operation will wipe all data, bypass screen lock and restore device software to factory state.
How to hard reset SONY Xperia XZ Premium Dual?
- Download the Xperia Companion on your PC or laptop.
- You can do it from here www.support.sonymobile.com/global-en/tools/xperia-companion/
- After that install app on your laptop or PC.
- In the next step turn off the mobile by holding the Power button for a short while.
- Now prepare USB C cable connected with your PC.
- Then open the Xperia Companion and choose the Main Menu and select Software repair.
- Go the next through the confirmation proccess by selectin appropraite option.
- If the following menu appears connect turn your smartphone into a Fastboot Mode.
- Hold down Volume Down and while holding this button connect the USB C cable with your smartphone.
- Now read the warning and select Next button to begin the factory reset operation.
- If the operation is completed disconnect your device.
- Turn on the mobile by holding the Power key for a few seconds.
- Well done!
Finish! Your device will have the software and set of applications as the moment they leave the factory.
*Take a backup: Before you can use Hard Reset always remember to make copies of your data, because the operation is irreversible and recover previous data and settings will not be possible.
*Caution: Using the Hard Reset is safe and should not cause any damage. However, you need to make sure the device has over 30% battery so the process does not stop halfway.