SWIPE W74 Hard Reset is a device reset to factory settings. This operation deletes all data, settings, passwords and applications in the memory device. Hard Reset operation is most commonly used to repair a damaged or malfunctioning equipment or deletion of user data before the sale. Hard Reset operation will wipe all data, bypass screen lock and restore device software to factory state.
How to hard reset SWIPE W74?
- In order to perform Hard Reset operation, your SWIPE W74 must be turned off, so you should hold down Power Key for a short while to make it so.
- Wait for your device to turn off completely, and after that you have to hold down combination Power Key + Volume Up for about 5 seconds to proceed.
- After you see Android robot image appeared on screen, you have to hold down Power Key and press Volume Up once.
- The menu will appear, and you should select option “wipe data/factory reset” from it, using Volume Keys to navigate to it and Power Key to select it.
- In the following step, you have to confirm this operation by selecting option “Yes — delete all user data”.
- Wait for a couple of seconds till data wipe completes, and after that select option “reboot system now” to restart your tablet.
- Your SWIPE W74 will be restarted in about a minute after that, and that’s it.
Finish! Your device will have the software and set of applications as the moment they leave the factory.
*Take a backup: Before you can use Hard Reset always remember to make copies of your data, because the operation is irreversible and recover previous data and settings will not be possible.
*Caution: Using the Hard Reset is safe and should not cause any damage. However, you need to make sure the device has over 30% battery so the process does not stop halfway.