TOSHIBA Thrive 7 Hard Reset is a device reset to factory settings. This operation deletes all data, settings, passwords and applications in the memory device. Hard Reset operation is most commonly used to repair a damaged or malfunctioning equipment or deletion of user data before the sale. Hard Reset operation will wipe all data, bypass screen lock and restore device software to factory state.
How to hard reset TOSHIBA Thrive 7?
- To perform the Hard Reset operation and bypass the screen lock on your device, you have to slightly press the Power button for a while and select the Power off option to switch the tablet off.
- Next, press and hold the Power button together with the Volume Up button until you can see the Boot Mode on your screen.
- Using your Volume buttons to navigate and the Power button to choose, go to the Recovery Mode option with the box icon.
- To navigate inside the Recovery Mode, use your Volume keys to navigate and the Power button to choose. This way, go to the Wipe data/factory reset option.
- To confirm your choice, select the Yes — delete all user data option.
- In order to restart your device, click on the Reboot system now option.
- Great job! You’ve managed to perform the Hard Reset operation on your TOSHIBA Thrive 7.
Finish! Your device will have the software and set of applications as the moment they leave the factory.
*Take a backup: Before you can use Hard Reset always remember to make copies of your data, because the operation is irreversible and recover previous data and settings will not be possible.
*Caution: Using the Hard Reset is safe and should not cause any damage. However, you need to make sure the device has over 30% battery so the process does not stop halfway.