VIWA X5 Hard Reset is a device reset to factory settings. This operation deletes all data, settings, passwords and applications in the memory device. Hard Reset operation is most commonly used to repair a damaged or malfunctioning equipment or deletion of user data before the sale. Hard Reset operation will wipe all data, bypass screen lock and restore device software to factory state.
How to hard reset VIWA X5?
- If you want to perform Hard Reset on your VIWA X5, it must be off, so you should hold down Power Key for a short while to make it so.
- Wait for your device to turn off, and after that hold down Power Key + Volume Up for about 5 seconds to proceed with operation.
- When you see Android robot appeared on screen, you should hold down Power Key and press Volume Up once to proceed.
- The menu will appear, and you should select option “wipe data/factory reset“, using Volume Keys to navigate and Power Key to select.
- Next you should select option “Yes — delete all user data” to confirm this operation.
- Wait till data wipe is complete, and after that select option “reboot system now” in order to restart your smartphone.
- Your VIWA X5 will be restarted in a few minutes after this and that’s it.
Finish! Your device will have the software and set of applications as the moment they leave the factory.
*Take a backup: Before you can use Hard Reset always remember to make copies of your data, because the operation is irreversible and recover previous data and settings will not be possible.
*Caution: Using the Hard Reset is safe and should not cause any damage. However, you need to make sure the device has over 30% battery so the process does not stop halfway.