WITHINGS ScanWatch 38mm Hard Reset is a device reset to factory settings. This operation deletes all data, settings, passwords and applications in the memory device. Hard Reset operation is most commonly used to repair a damaged or malfunctioning equipment or deletion of user data before the sale. Hard Reset operation will wipe all data, bypass screen lock and restore device software to factory state.
How to hard reset WITHINGS ScanWatch 38mm?
- At the very start, go to the Settings on your phone, select Bluetooth and locate the WITHINGS ScanWatch 38mm watch on the list of devices.
- After that on the Cog icon next to the watch name.
- Then select the option called Forget.
- Next, confirm by pressing on Forget Device.
- Now press and hold the Side button on your watch for 10 seconds.
- You should see the Factory reset on the display.
- Then press and hold the Side button for 3 seconds.
- Now the “Reset in 5 clicks” should appear on the screen.
- Afterward, press the Side button 5 times (the display will count down from 5 to 1 with each press).
- After a few seconds, the watch will show “Hello“
- Now you can try connecting your WITHINGS ScanWatch 38mm with your phone.
Finish! Your device will have the software and set of applications as the moment they leave the factory.
*Take a backup: Before you can use Hard Reset always remember to make copies of your data, because the operation is irreversible and recover previous data and settings will not be possible.
*Caution: Using the Hard Reset is safe and should not cause any damage. However, you need to make sure the device has over 30% battery so the process does not stop halfway.