XIAOMI Redmi 9 Hard Reset is a device reset to factory settings. This operation deletes all data, settings, passwords and applications in the memory device. Hard Reset operation is most commonly used to repair a damaged or malfunctioning equipment or deletion of user data before the sale. Hard Reset operation will wipe all data, bypass screen lock and restore device software to factory state.
How to hard reset XIAOMI Redmi 9?
- First of all turn off the smartphone by the Power key for a while.
- Secondly press Volume Up and Power button for a while.
- When the Redmi logo pops up let go of all keys.
- In this step go to Wipe Data --> Wipe All Data. In this mode use Volume keys to move and the Power button to confirm.
- After, select Confirm and continue with the Power key.
- Back to Main Menu and select “Reboot”.
- At last choose Reboot to System by using the Power button.
- Success! All your data was cleared by this process so your XIAOMI Redmi 9 is password-free.
Finish! Your device will have the software and set of applications as the moment they leave the factory.
*Take a backup: Before you can use Hard Reset always remember to make copies of your data, because the operation is irreversible and recover previous data and settings will not be possible.
*Caution: Using the Hard Reset is safe and should not cause any damage. However, you need to make sure the device has over 30% battery so the process does not stop halfway.