XIAOMI Redmi Note 9 Hard Reset is a device reset to factory settings. This operation deletes all data, settings, passwords and applications in the memory device. Hard Reset operation is most commonly used to repair a damaged or malfunctioning equipment or deletion of user data before the sale. Hard Reset operation will wipe all data, bypass screen lock and restore device software to factory state.
How to hard reset XIAOMI Redmi Note 9?
- First of all, switch off the smartphone by holding the Power key for a few seconds.
- Secondly, push and hold the Volume Up and Power buttons together for a couple of seconds.
- When you see Redmi logo on the screen release all keys.
- Next select Wipe Data and Wipe All Data by using Volume buttons to scroll down, and the Power button to confirm that.
- Then choose Confirm. Use Volume buttons to scroll down and the Power key to confirm that.
- When the process is complate go to Main Menu and select Reboot with the Power button.
- Confirm that by choosing Reboot to System with the Power key.
- Well done! Your device will be password-free.
Finish! Your device will have the software and set of applications as the moment they leave the factory.
*Take a backup: Before you can use Hard Reset always remember to make copies of your data, because the operation is irreversible and recover previous data and settings will not be possible.
*Caution: Using the Hard Reset is safe and should not cause any damage. However, you need to make sure the device has over 30% battery so the process does not stop halfway.